The Importance of having a Good Rental Agent
The Rental Department at Eden Realty is not a secondary service to the Sales Department. Our rental business is an equal arm as we pride ourselves on offering the best rental and investment advice to our current and prospective landlords.
Our Landlord Services
- Actively market, screen, select and process our comprehensive tenancy applications to source a quality tenant for your investment property.
- Thoroughly screen prospective tenants and check for any previous history of tenancy default.
- Prepare all leasing documentation and co-ordinate signing by both the tenant and property owner.
- Prepare detailed condition reports on your investment to ensure that when the property is passed between tenants, the condition of the property and standard of cleanliness is consistently maintained.
- Lodge the required property bond with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority.
- Set up a progressive payment system of rent collection, provide rental ledgers as required and issue in a timely fashion your property financial statements either monthly or mid monthly or both.
- Undertake the necessary maintenance and repairs on your property in consultation with you, source appropriate contractors and supply written quotes and invoices.
- Facilitate the payment of Council Rates, Water Rates and property insurances as instructed by you.
- Conduct regular external inspections and routine internal inspections as the legislation allows. Provide you with written assessments of the inspection and advise of any concerns as well as tenant feedback.
- Prepare for and attend Tenancy Tribunal hearings (NCAT) as needed.
- Assess the rental market and recommend the appropriate property rental increases to ensure a good return on your investment.
- Conduct tenant vacating inspections and prepare the property for re-leasing as soon as possible as per the in-going condition report.
Transferring Management of your Investment Property
Transferring management for your investment property to our Agency is a smooth and seamless process. Once you have signed a Management Authority Agreement which enables Eden Realty to act on your behalf, we formally advise your current Agent that the property is being transferred to our Agency and request that they make the file available for collection. There is no cost in the transfer.
Once the property has been transferred, we contact your tenant to introduce ourselves as their new Agent, explain our office procedures, and make a time to meet in person.
Management of your Investment Property
We have an excellent relationship with an extensive and preferred list of contractors, who through regular use and loyalty keep their costs as competitive as possible, without compromising on the quality of the workmanship. Under current taxation law some works undertaken as repairs and maintenance may be allowable as tax deductions. However, you are most welcome to advise us of your preferred tradesman to carry out works at your investment property.